Spot Removal Tips
Category : Golden Glove Clean
A Few Words About Spot and Stain Removal
Golden Glove: 678-817-0089
We know that you want to keep your carpet looking great in between our professional cleanings. That’s why we give all our customers a free bottle of Spot Out and offer lifetime free refills. This way, you’ll always have spotter on hand for those inevitable spills and “oops” moments.
Spot Out is a great spotter for most water-based and many oil-based spills, especially if you get to them while they are still fresh—preferably still wet. This is because many spills actually chemically change through the drying process and may require professional stain removal once dry.
Use Spot Out on all your spills—it won’t hurt anything or set the stain. However, please be aware that, to their dismay, many homeowners discover that the “using everything under the kitchen sink” approach has caused the stains to set and become permanent. If you use the following procedures along with the Spot Out we provide and the stain doesn’t come out, STOP and give us a call.
A couple of the most common and most difficult stains we routinely run into are pet urine and Kool-Aid®, juice or children’s drink stains. Unless you are able to respond to such spills immediately, you will likely need our professional stain removal services to successfully remove them.
We are happy to come out for a spotting service call and remove stains using professional products and techniques that have taken years of training and experience to develop. And, not to worry, we don’t have to set up the big carpet cleaning truck for spotting calls—we use a compact spotting extractor that sets up and tears down in moments.
So, take care of the easy stuff yourself with the procedures we’ve outlined below. But don’t risk damaging your carpet when you can rely on a professional to eliminate your problem and keep your home looking its very best!
Spot Removal Procedures
- Using a white absorbent cloth (never use colored cloth as you can cause dye transfer!) or paper towels, scoop up any solid material and then blot. Blot by folding your cloth or paper towels, placing them on top of the wet area and then pushing down with your hand (put your weight into it!) so that the towel will soak up as much of the spill as possible. If you get to spills immediately, you may not need any further spot removal!
- Never vigorously rub or scrub the carpet with a towel or brush. If you fuzz or distort the fiber you will permanently ruin its appearance!
- Apply Spot Out directly to the spot (without over wetting). Agitate GENTLY with a towel or a spoon or the dull edge of a butter knife, taking care not to damage the fiber. Take your time!
- Blot to remove the spotter and the spill. Check the towel to determine your progress. As long as you see that you are removing the spill, continue until it is fully removed.
- When completely dry, vacuum or brush the carpet pile to restore texture. After drying, if the stain reappears, it may be because some of the stain remained deep in the pile and “wicked” up to the surface. If so, repeat steps 3-5. If the stain remains professional stain removal is required. Give GOLDEN GLOVE a call at 678-817-0089.